Hey, Hey, Hey as you all may know I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry. For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all. You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post. This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!
Today is May 21, 2012 Day 1
When I first heard about the Flats Challenge I thought what an awesome Challenge, but thought to myself "I don't really have the extra money to buy Flats so I think I will pass" but after reading a couple of my friends post on Facebook about the flats challenge and the items they would be using and WHY? they were doing it. I found myself re-evaluated my decision and thought I needed to do this for myself.
Here is why???
- How does that saying go " Practice what you preach". Yes I want to be able to talk to mamas and say "YOU can do it"on a tight budget without a washer and dryer. If I did it then you totally can. Granted I'm only going to be doing it for 7 days but I'm sure if need be I would definitely keep on doing it.
- I want to be able to say "I DID IT". I can't give advice on something I haven't went through or done myself. At the end of this Challenge I will be able to say "I DID IT".
- I want to be able to see and experience first hand and understand other parents challenges who are doing this on a daily basis.
- We are all helping a great cause.
- I'm always up for a great Challenge!! BRING IT ON!!
For these reasons I will be doing the
Flats Challenge this year!!
Stay tuned with me and see what challenges I come across.