Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Supplies I'm Using #Flatschallenge
Day - 2



I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!  

 I didn't have much money to spend on new flats, so I figured I could trade some diapers for some flats which I did on Diaperswapper.com . That being said I did go to Walmart and bought a set of 2 flour sack towels for $1.98 which was great.




So here are my fluffy details:


Flats : 
I will be using a variety of Osocozy, Walmart flour sack towels, WAHM flats.


Liners: 
2 Fleece Liners for night time (Stay Dry)


Covers: 
Flips, Thirsties, Blueberry, Oeko Popo, fleece soaker want to try a few to see how each and everyone works with flats.


Fasteners:
Snappi size 1


Diaper Rash:
(that's) THE BALM


Wipes: 12 Swaddlebee, 12 Thirsties


Rinsing: Water hose


Washing: 
Washing Board that was given to me by my mom because she loves me so much :) She mailed it out to me before the challenge. She's a great supporter!!
Gloves, trash can bought at the dollar tree, Eco- Sprout detergent, Water.
Drying: 
I will be using my Clothes Line outside that hubby made for me.




Be sure to check out and follow other blogs participating in the #Flatschallenge!!!

9 comments:

  1. A washing board...wow..impressive! I wish I had one of those:-)Instead I stood outside in the pooring rain with my bucket:-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww julie.. why don't you put the bucket inside the bath tub??? i think Kim had it in her bath tub. I can't wait to read your post.

      Delete
  2. You go girl! I am looking forward to participating next year when I only have 1 in diapers and trip planned in the midst of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally have to, its so far been a great experience, granted i only have 1 in diapers. But for sure you gots to try this next year.

      Delete
  3. The trash can is a good idea! I bet it works better than my tiny bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted a wash board but in the end I didnt NEED it so I didnt get one... Now i want one again! lol And I LOVE your tye dyed flats... I love tye dye! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so far loving the wash board i didn't want to spend money on the bucket and plunger so i knew my mom would have one.. so its been great..

      Delete
  5. Also I really must try this Balm stuff now. I love what we are currently using (CJs BUTTer) but I am liking the sound of "THE" BALM a ton so thanks. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the balm is truly amazing stuff .. def a must !! I have review up for it. as well.

      Delete