Friday, May 25, 2012

Tips and Learning Experiences
#Flatschallenge Day - 5

I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!  


Ashtons Night Time Diaper !! Can you say super FLUFFY ?? 
Day 4 is down 3 more to go!!

Yesterday was a very challenging day for me. I had a lot of things to do. I was very tired and had no energy to wash cloth diapers. I got some motivation in me and found myself washing at 10pm. So I had to dry on the drying rack I have for the inside. After I was done I felt super accomplished and was ready to go to bed. 
I figured I could write the post today instead of yesterday.

Couple things I have learned while handwashing cloth diapers is ..  
Keep in mind that im using a wash board.

  • Pre-rinsing them in cold and agitating the crap out of them by stomping on them with my feet in the bath tub works wonders !!
  • Wash day by day, don’t let it accumilate because you will have more to wash and will get discouraged like for example last night I had one more flat from the previous night and so it made a total of 8 and I was like “ really one more” !! 
  • Just go day by day have fun with it. I was stressed out if I would have enough flats and honestly I have not touched like 11 of them. I’ve been using the same ones over and over and over. Wash & Use. Same thing goes for my covers I’ve only used the sassy flip, blueberry monkey, thirsties hoots that’s it.


I would like to try the bucket and plunger next year, just to see how different that would be. So far im feeling good about this challenge , though I do look forward to my washing machine on Monday.

What have you learned??? Any different you would do?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment