Sunday, May 27, 2012

Reflection #Flatschallenge
Day - 7


I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!  


Last day of the #flats challenge!!

I am forever grateful that I have a washer to wash my diapers. Washing cloth diapers has not been hard its been more like "when will I do them"?? trying to fit them in my daily routine gets exhausting and Its not real quick I would take me anywhere from 40- 60 mins not including putting them in the clothes line outside. 

I believe that If I had to do this because of a financial situation, I would be able to as a stay at home mom.
As a mom that has to go to work to provide for her family, I believe it would harder. Daycare does not always take cloth diapered babies, therefore they would need to buy disposable diapers for daycare and if need be cloth diaper at home. So at that point its not because the parents don't want to cloth diaper there babies but because they can't. That being the case I would look for coupons, sales.

I feel very accomplished to a certain point. 
What will I do with what I gained out of this experience??

I will share my experience with other moms I come across. I would love to donate diapers to charities that help out families that are less fortunate. I have learned that if GOD blesses me, then I too should be a blessing to somebody else.



What have you learned during the #flatschallenge???





Follow other on this last day of #flatschallenge

2 comments:

  1. Great post:-)I agree with you about being a stay at home mom vs. working mom! It is different, especially if your daycare options are limited in terms of diaper use. But you can still save money by cloth diapering at home and at night. Some money saved is better than none!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely agree with the above commenter! Even if you can use a few cloth diapers a day, that's still a savings. Every little bit helps! I could also see this as a way to remain as a SAHM. I know that using cloth is a HUGE part of me being able to stay home.

    ReplyDelete