Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Weekend Oh My!!!
#Flatschallenge Day - 6

 I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!  


I have survived this long, I can do anything after this point.

Yesterday I had a lot of flats to wash, since Ashton decided to poop 3 times. Yes it was not fun, thats a lot of poop in a day right?? Overall it was great, I finally finished washing them and It felt great to be done.

Today's post is a open topic.
 So what better to talk about then my weekend.
My husband's friend invited us to go over for a BBQ and some swimming since its been crazy HOT in texas these days. So the challenge for tomorrow is what will Ashton wear for his diaper in the pool since he doesn't have a swim diaper. How many diapers should I take??? So I will take 4-5 diapers prepared with a pad fold ready in the cover that way I put them on Ashton easily. The friends know that I cloth diaper Ashton but they have only seen him with his Pockets so I can't wait to hear what they say about this #flatschallenge. Im always up for talking cloth diapers, so thats not a problem.

I will go on about my day tomorrow and if we don't get back to late I will doing laundry at night, I really don't want to wait till sunday to do diaper laundry. So will see how many cloth diapers Ashton goes through today. This is what we plan on doing this weekend on sunday probably just have a chill day and ill be waiting very patiently for monday when Im able to use my washer!! I have learned a lot during this challenge, to be more appreciative of all the things we have such as the convenience of water out of our faucet. Washer, dryer, clothes line, covers, flats. 

Thank you to those of you who have been following my post on this awesome #flatschallenge. 

What have you learned??? 
What do you do while out and about???

Check out these blogs to see whats going on with them on the #flatschallenge !!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Glad you finished your laundry! I usually pack a weekend bag with everything I could need while out and about! I always like to be prepared:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i took like 4 diapers yesterday lol.. it was fun to get out.. busy day today.. what did you do?

      Delete
  2. I just use my flats and covers like normal while out and about. I make sure the flats are folded in advance. As far as a swim diaper, I just let mine swim in a cover and one flat. Just be sure to rinse the chlorine out of the cover really well. ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. melissa without even planning on it thats what i did i had ashton in a flip cover with a flat.. and it worked great!! thank you

      Delete