Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Reflection on Day - 1

What a beautiful day to start the #Flatschallenge.
First change of the day was 6:14am Ashton was half way asleep and moving around I was not able to get a good snug fit so I had to wing it. After an hour I did experience a small leak on the back side of his thighs. I believe because I did not have it on properly.
So from now on I will do my best to get a snug fit on Ashton.

Second Cloth Diaper Change
At the end of the day around 4pm Ashton pooped for the first time in the day so right after that, 
I decided to go ahead and wash for the day. So I figured I would be better off rinsing Cloth Diapers outside with the water hose. Which was awesome, I didn't have to worry about spraying everywhere.

Before the start of the #Flatschallenge I said I would wash every other day, now that I am living it and experiencing it I will be washing everyday after the poopy diaper. I don't want the diapers sitting out for more then one day. It will get harder for me to wash. 

Rinsing Poopy Diaper Only had one today so not bad.
Spraying poop off cover !!!
Washing Tools: 
Wash board, gloves, eco-sprout, small bucket from dollar tree and my hands of course.

Washing by hand is definitely a work out!! 
My arms are hurting. I found myself second guessing myself if the diapers where clean enough, 
so I kept on washing away on my board. 
Finally rinsed and took outside.

How I washed : 
Sprayed the poopy diaper and cover outside with cold water.
Cold rinse while putting my hands in the get all the nasty's out!!
Hot wash with Eco-Sprout, wash, wash,wash, 
Rinse, Rinse, Rinse !! 

The Outcome!! 
 Line drying my flats and Sassy Flip Cover.

Lesson of the day: 
I am forever grateful for water, washer. 



How was your First Day on the #flatschallenge?? What did you learn?? How did the washing go??



I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry.  For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all.  You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post.  This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!  

No comments:

Post a Comment